The Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs (DCRA) Development Ambassador Program (DAP) assists developers obtain a building permit by facilitating the review process in an efficient and expeditious manner. DAP guides the applicant from the preliminary concept design phase to the issuance of the building permit. Ambassadors ensure that all plans and documents are complete, processed and routed to the appropriate agencies and disciplines for technical reviews and approvals in a timely manner.
How Does the Development Ambassador Program Benefit You?
- Once accepted into the program, your project is carefully and strategically guided through the regulatory review processes.
- You will be assigned an Ambassador that will provide you with up-to-date information on the statuses of your project.
- Your Ambassador will serve as liaison between DCRA and other agencies on all project reviews by technical reviewers at both DCRA and other Agencies.
- Your Ambassador will initiate a concept meeting with your development team to determine the most suitable successful permit process.
- If requested, your Ambassador will coordinate your Preliminary Design Review Meeting (PDRM).
- Your Ambassador will facilitate meetings with review engineers and troubleshoot design and compliance problems with minimal delay.
- Your Ambassador will follow your project through the permit process until issuance of the building permit.
- Your Ambassador will work with reviewers and inspectors to troubleshoot compliance problems, with minimal delay and expense.
What you can expect from your Ambassador
- Excellent Customer Service
- Expertise in the building permit process problem solving
- Meeting Coordination Consultation
- Regular status updates
In addition to providing direct assistance with development projects, the program also manages the following:
- Preliminary Design Review Meetings
- Requests for Variances from the construction Codes
- Facilitate enforcement and processing of Environmental Impact Study Form (EISF)
- Coordination of meetings with other external agencies (DDOT, DDOE, WASA, CFA etc.)
Qualifications for acceptance into the Development Ambassador Program
- Chanceries & Embassies
- Commercial development with construction cost of at least 5 million dollars
- DC Government-sponsored projects
- New residential development with 10 or more single-family dwellings
- New residential development with 25 or more multi-family units
- Green Building/ Green Communities Projects
Please call (202) 442-4541 to set up a meeting and begin the permit approval process today.