Focuses on 10 Key Areas
In order to deliver its mission, the Development Review Branch has adopted a framework for managing development reviews in a standardized format which focuses on 10 Key Areas.
- Strategic Elements
- Roadway Capacity and Operations
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Network
- Site Access and Loading
- General Streetscape and Public Space/Realm
- Transit Service
- Transportation Demand Management
- Performance Monitoring and Measurement
The Development Review Branch requires a majority of applicants to complete a scoping review and a Comprehensive Transportation Review (CTR).
- To begin your application by requesting a scoping review meeting or a follow-up meeting, please visit our Transportation Online Permit System (TOPS) at tops.ddot.dc.gov .
- To view our scoping guidelines please see the CTR [PDF] document.
- For a step-by-step chart of the Development Review process see the Development Review Process Flow Chart [PDF].
- DDOT’s policies and practices in the 10 Key Areas play an integral role in shaping the response to development applications.
For a listing of DDOT’s policies and practices, please see the Policy Compendium [PDF] (coming soon).
Frequently Asked Questions
Please review the list questions and the answers about the Development Review process.