Open Government and FOIA - DCRA
Open Government Material
The district is committed to a transparent, open form of government. District agency websites are required to make certain records available online to the public, if those records exist. In cases where these records exist but are not yet available online, agencies are working to provide them as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact the FOIA Officer.
- Open Government Report 2014
- Public employee Salary Information (Please note that this is the complete listing of District employees. Agency designation is located in column two.)
- Administrative Staff Manuals
- Other Agency determinations of the rights of the public
- DCRA’s FY14 budget
- Minutes of Public Meetings
- Absentee owners addresses and building permits (DCRA & tax & Revenue)
- Building Permit List (Frequently Requested Public Records)
- DCRA Statement of Policy and Regulations
- P Card Purchases (Information dealing with the receipt or expenditure of public funds)
- Awarded Contracts
- DCRA Organizational Chart
- DCRA Performance Plans
- Submit feedback using Grade DC
- District-wide FOIA Reports
If you cannot find the information you are looking for here or eslewhere on DC.gov you can submit a FoIA request online via the DC government Public FOIA Portal. Requests may also submitted by mail, fax, or email. However, please note that FOIA requests submitted online will be easier to track and process.
To understand the process before making a request, please see foia.dc.gov
The FOIA Officer is the principal contact point within DCRA for advice and policy guidance on matters pertaining to the administration of the FOIA. All requests are handled professionally and expeditiously.
There is no fee to submit a FOIA request. However, you may be charged fees for searching, reviewing, and reproducing records. The Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs may charge the following fees: (1) Searching for records: $16.00 to $40.00 per hour based on the pay grade of the personnel who performs the search and with the first hour free, (2) Charges for initial review of documents: $16.00 to $40.00 per hour based on the pay grade of the personnel who performs the review and with the first hour free, (3) Photocopies: $0.25 per page, (4) $1.00 per document to certify a document as true copy of an agency record, and (5) the direct cost of any service or material for which no fee has been established. Please be aware that you may have to pay search and/or review fees even if the search does not locate any responsive records or if records are located but are withheld as exempt. See DC Official Code § 2-532 and 1 DCMR § 408.
Documents Already Made Publicly Available
Please note that FOIA does not require the agency to provide documents already made publicly available through other means. Before submitting a request, please review the list below for a list of documents that do not require a FOIA request to obtain.
List of Types of Documents Already Made Publicly Available
- Permit Documents: Copies of issued permits, permit applications, and all documents submitted in support of permit applications (including plans) may be obtained at the DCRA Permit Center Records Room, located on the second floor of the DCRA office location, at 1100 4th Street, SW. The Records Room may be reached at 202-442-4480.
- Certificates of Occupancy: Copies of issued Certificates of Occupancy may also be obtained at the DCRA Permit Center Records Room.
- For Tenants: Notices of Violation and Notices of Infraction issued to your rental unit, during your tenancy, may be obtained through the DCRA Inspections and Compliance Administration. Please call 202-442-4598 or email email@example.com for assistance.
- Corporate Documents, Licensure Information: Licensure documents for an entity, including certifications, may be obtained at the DCRA Business License Center, located on the second floor of 1100 4th Street SW, during regular business hours. Corporate documents for an entity, including corporate filings, may also be obtained upon request at the Business License Center. Additionally, registered entities and their current status may be researched through our website.
- Code Information: The DC Official Code is available online.
- DC Municipal Regulations and the DC Register can be accessed by visiting the District Government online.
- General Property Information: You may also access property information, including property ownership, permitting, inspections, occupancy, and violations information, via the Property Information Verification System (“PIVS”).
For more information on how to file an FOIA request, visit the Government Resource Center.
1100 4th Street SW
Washington , DC 20024
Phone: (202) 478-9286
Fax: (202) 442-9445