DCRA now lets you apply for, pay for and get your supplemental building permits online.
These permits are required to install supplemental systems in buildings, per § 105.1.13 of the DC Municipal Regulations (DCMR). Only licensed DC contractors for each specific trade may apply for these permits. You may be required to complete a building permit for the supplemental permit.
- You cannot save a partly-completed application.
- You must complete each box marked with an asterisk (*) before you can pay for and receive your permit.
- You may pay with Visa, MasterCard, or Discover.
- If the fee for your supplemental permit is more than your available credit, you cannot get the permit online.
- You will get a supplemental permit application that you can print and bring in with payment.
- Supplemental permits cannot be issued online if the work address is in a historic or fine arts district.
The supplemental permit is issued as an Adobe PDF file. You can save it on your computer and print it.
If you not wish to use the online service, you can download the applications below.