On February 8, 2016, DCRA revamped its Third Party Program and issued the new 2016 Third Party Program Manual. The Third Party Plan Review and Inspection processes are now managed as one program. Note, there are new requirements and submissions expected from Third Party Agencies, which are outlined in detail in the 2016 Third Party Program Manual.
The Third Party Program is administered by DCRA’s Third Party Program under delegated authority from the Code Official. The 2016 Third Party Program Manual revises and replaces all previous editions and sets forth the minimum qualifications, administrative guidelines and procedures established and implemented by DCRA for Third Party Agencies to ensure that all inspections or reviews conducted by Third Party Agencies are at the highest professional level, and to ensure a process for verification and auditing of the Third Party Agencies. The Manual also establishes an application process for Third Party Agency certification.
A Third Party Agency licensed to conduct Third Party Plan Review and/or Inspections may be a corporate entity or partnership or sole proprietor licensed to do business in the District of Columbia. An Agency must employ or contract with one or more qualified Professionals-In Charge and Third Party Inspectors or Reviewers in each field discipline which the Agency proposes to inspect.
Third Party Inspection and Plan Review
In order to be approved to participate in the Third Party Program, aThird Party Agency must an application to DCRA, for review and/or approval. The application must identify the Professional-In-Charge and a list of inspectors and/or plan reviewers affiliated with the agency who will perform or supervise Third Party inspections and plan reviews. Refer to the 2016 Third Party Program Manual for more information on the approval process.
For more information about Third Party Agencies, refer to the following:
- 2016 Third Party Program Manual
- 2016 Third Party Application Submission Package
- Third Party Plan Review Notification of Intent Form
- Third Party Inspections Notification of Intent Form
- Third Party Plan Review Approval Certificate and Report
- Third Party Plan Review Code Deficiency Report
- Third Party Inspection Non-Compliance Report
- Third Party Inspection Completion Certification
- Third Party Inspection Certificate of Occupancy Certification
- Third Party Special Inspections Notification of Intent Form
- Third Party Elevator Annual Inspections
- Third Party Elevator Inspection Completion Certification