DCRA's Office of the Zoning Administrator reviews applications for conformity with DC Zoning Regulations (Title 11 DCMR); including building permit applications, Certificate of Occupancy (C of O) applications for allowable uses, occupancy load, verification of address, lot and square, and to determine whether inspections and building plans are required for C of O approval, Subdivision applications to ensure that they meet lot size, lot width and other requirements, and Home Occupation Permit (HOP) applications for allowable uses, employee and customer visit limits, and verification of the type of dwelling to be used.
The Zoning Administrator also writes letters of determination or of denial, referring developers to the Board of Zoning Adjustment and the Zoning Commission if they want to seek special exceptions or zoning variances to the Administrator’s rulings.
- Get a Certificate of Occupancy
- Certificate of Occupancy Authorization Form
- Certificate of Occupancy Application
- Certificate of Occupancy Checklist
- Eating Establishment Questionnaire
- Sexually-Oriented Business Establishment - SOBE Application Form (Zoning)
- Guidelines for the Issuance of Conditional Certificates of Occupancy