Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs

DC Agency Top Menu

-A +A
Bookmark and Share

Ground Lessors

Is a ground lessor of unimproved land required to obtain a general business license in the leasing of land?

No. If there is no income generated or service rendered then they would not be required to obtain a General Business License.

Is a ground lessee who improved the land with an income producing building be required to obtain at least a General Business License with the regard to the building’s income producing operations?

Yes. The lessee would have a “business operation” that both is generating income and providing service and would be required to obtain a General Business License?