Change in Online Scheduling
Requests for the following building permit related review services must be made in person at DCRA’s Permit Center, 2nd floor Intake Counter, 1100 4th St, S.W.
- Mechanical / Plumbing Plan Review
- Fire Plan Review
- Plan Coordinator Plan Review
- Electrical Plan review
- Structural Plan Review
For immediate Historic review and service, please bring your building permit application directly to the Historic Preservation Office on the 6th floor., 1100 4th St, S.W.”
Currently, the online scheduling is limited to one pending appointment per person. In the near future, the agency will expand the system to allow for additional pending appointments per person after an opportunity to gauge demand.
Welcome to the Online Appointment Scheduling system. DCRA is continuously striving to service our customers in the most efficient and expeditious manner possible; making processes simpler and keeping the District safer. The online appointment scheduling option provides you with the ability to make a reservation from home or on the go before visiting DCRA – reducing unnecessary waiting times.
1. Select a preferred service type, appointment date and time then provide your contact information.
2. Your confirmation will include contact information, arrival time, service requested, as well as a unique bar code and confirmation number.
3. Please check-in at the remote check-in kiosk before going through security. Upon arrival, scan the bar code from your confirmation email or your phone at the remote check-in kiosk located in the lobby of 1100 4th Street SW, Washington, DC 20024. Once you have checked in, please report to your destination (3rd floor for Surveyor appointments or 2nd floor for all other appointments). Once check-in is complete, you are entered into the priority queue tracking your visit at DCRA. You will be called for your appointment shortly thereafter.
The DCRA services currently being offered through our online appointment scheduling system are Permits, Business Licensing (Vending, Corporations, Special Events), Records, and the Surveyor’s Office. Online appointment scheduling is also offered for other District agencies that provide services in DCRA’s Permit Center, such as the Office of Planning (OP) - Historical Preservation, District Department of Transportation (DDOT), Department of Energy & Environment (DOEE), and DC Fire and EMS Department (DCFEMS).
Please have all requirements and forms completed and be prepared to pay associated fees before checking in. If you do not have all required forms/applications completed before being called to the counter, your appointment will be delayed and you will be seen as a walk-in appointment. Please check the necessary requirements below prior to coming to your appointment:
Please arrive promptly for your appointment. You can check-in up to 30 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment. There will be a 5 minute grace period if you are late. If you miss your appointment, please reschedule or proceed to the second floor to be seen as a walk-in customer. If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please visit DCRA – Online Appointments
As a walk-in customer, you will have the option to opt-in to receive customer notifications through SMS text messaging. If you choose to opt-in, you will receive important status updates to help better plan your visit. The notifications will update you on where you are in the DCRA queue and when your ticket has been called; providing faster, easier, more convenient service.