The Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs’ (DCRA) Occupational and Professional Licensing Administration (OPLA) supports the District’s non-health occupational and professional boards, commissions, and programs. OPLA enforces regulations and offers licenses in more than 125 occupational and professional categories. The boards, commissions, and programs are responsible for reviewing applications, administering examinations, responding to certification requests by other jurisdictions, and regulating the practices of individual professions.
Obtain Occupational and Professional Licenses
Information, applications and all other materials for each of the occupational and professional licenses are available below. The links will redirect you to the respective licensing board or commission website.
- Funeral Directors
- Interior Designers
- Land Surveyors
- Professional Engineers
- Real Estate Agents and Property Managers
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanics
- Steam and Operating Engineers
- Tour Guides
For more information on board or commission procedures or if you are interested in becoming a board or commission member, visit the Mayor’s Office of Talent and Appointments website or our list of Frequently Asked Questions.
Look up a Professional License
- Athlete Agents
- Board of Accountancy
- Board of Architecture, Interior Design and Landscape Architecture
- Board of Barber and Cosmetology
- Board of Funeral Directors
- Board of Industrial Trades
- Board of Professional Engineering
- Board of Real Estate Appraisers
- Combat Sports Commission
- Real Estate Commission
- Tour Guides