Important Message in Reference to COVID-19
In accordance with Title III, Section 312 of the “COVID-19 Response Emergency Amendment Act of 2020, “the Act”, professional or occupational licenses that expire during the declared public health emergency are considered valid.
As noted on the coronavirus.dc.gov page under the section listed Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs, once the public health emergency is over, licensees will have 45 days to renew a license and renewal notices will be sent at that time.
For the latest information on the District Government’s response to COVID-19 (Coronavirus), please visit coronavirus.dc.gov.
The Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs (DCRA) will begin accepting renewal applications for occupational and professional licenses starting July 1, 2021. Enforcement of licensure will begin on September 1, 2021. Additional information will be issued in the near future.
The District of Columbia manages the licensure of Tour Guides within the District, and protects guides and consumers by upholding the District of Columbia Tour Guides license law.
Items Needed for Application
- One 2”x2” passport-style photo (.jpeg format)
- Un-expired government-issued ID (e.g., driver’s license)
- Debit or credit card to pay application, exam, or license fees
Apply for license
- License Type: By Experience
- Tour Guide License (New) - Fee: $150.00
- Tour Guide License (Renewal) - Fee: $150.00
- Tour Guide License (Reinstatement) - Fee: $220.00
- Application Method
- New: An applicant applies for a Tour Guide License for the first-time.
- Reinstatement: An applicant applies to reinstate her/his Tour Guide within five (5) years after it expires.
Renewal and Renewal Cycle
Expirtion Date: 31-Dec Renewal Year: Odd
Letter of Certification/License Verification
Request a Letter of License Certification