An extension or increase in the building area, aggregate floor area, number of stories, or height of a building or structure.
- All additions (i.e. increase in height or length, enclosing an existing structure) must include a surveyor’s plat that details the evaluation and dimensions of the existing and proposed structures.
- Floor plans must be included to show the existing and proposed structures.
- If you are submitting a residential addition that is less 500 square feet, above grade and one level, your plans can be reviewed within our Homeowners Center. Please be sure to provide a minimum of 3 sets of plans on a minimum of 11 x 17 paper. (**Please view the Homeowners Center page for the advantages and criteria of the Homeowner’s Center.)
- If work includes construction on the property line or party walls, neighbor notification is required.
- If you are submitting and application for a one- or two-family residential project, please use the DCRA Permit Wizard. For all other projects, please click Apply for a Permit button below.
- Complete all required questions/fields (the length, height and width of your addition structure)
- Upload a formal quote, contract agreement or MS report and submit to pay the filing fee.
- Your application will be reviewed for next steps to begin the plan review. (Please view the plan review criteria for the two types of plan review).
- All plan reviews occur electronically within 30 business days.