Any construction or renovation to an existing structure, to include space reconfiguration, replacement in kind, repairs etc.
- For interior renovations such as kitchen or bathroom remodeling and interior renovation of an existing commercial space, Alteration and Repair is the appropriate permit type.
- Architectural plans are needed for review and if the square footage of the work area is less than 1000 square feet, your project can be reviewed over the counter in the Permit Center.
- For projects that exceed 1000 square feet, plans are reviewed in electronically within ProjectDox.
- Begin your permit application under the permit type of Alteration and Repair.
- Complete all required questions/fields (i.e. alteration and repair cost)
- Upload a formal quote, contract agreement or MS report and submit to pay the filing fee.
- Your application will be reviewed for next steps to begin the plan review process. (Please view our plan review criteria for the two types of plan review)