Any construction or renovation to an existing structure, to include space reconfiguration, replacement in kind, repairs etc.
- For interior renovations such as kitchen or bathroom remodeling and interior renovation of an existing commercial space, Alteration and Repair is the appropriate permit type.
- Architectural plans are needed for review.
- If f the project is less than 1000 square feet, it can be reviewed as a Digital Walk-through.
- If your project exceeds 1000 square feet, it it will be reviewed within 30 business days.
- If you are submitting and application for a one- or two-family residential project, please use the DCRA Permit Wizard. For all other projects, please click Apply for a Permit button below.
- Begin your permit application under the permit type of Alteration and Repair.
- Complete all required questions/fields (i.e. alteration and repair cost)
- Upload a formal quote, contract agreement or MS report and submit to pay the filing fee.
- Your application will be reviewed for next steps to begin the plan review process. (Please view our plan review criteria for the two types of plan review)