The replacement, repair or new installation of a fence on private property. Common fence materials include but are not limited to wood, chain link, wire or metal.
- For small repairs and replacements in kind, pictures can be provided for review and approval.
- To install a new fence, a surveyor’s plat is required. Please be sure to indicate the location of the fence on your plat.
- If you are submitting and application for a one- or two-family residential project, please use the DCRA Permit Wizard. For all other projects, please click Apply for a Permit button below.
- Begin your permit application under the permit type of Fence Permit.
- Complete all required questions/fields (i.e. height, length and material of the fence)
- Upload a formal quote, contract agreement or MS report and submit to pay the filing fee.
- Your application will be reviewed as a Digital Walk-through.