Renovation or new construction of a detached or attached structure (garage) on private property.
- For construction of a new garage, renovation or to convert the garage into a habitable space, architectural plans and a surveyor’s plat are required.
- For repairs and minor replacements, an architectural plan and site plan are required to complete the review. Pictures are also helpful to detail the location of repairs or replacements.
- District Department of Transportation (DDOT) may be required to review based on the location of your garage (i.e. bordering a public alley)
- Begin your permit application under the permit type of a Garage Permit.
- Complete all required questions/fields (i.e.)
- Upload a formal quote, contract agreement or MS report and submit to pay the filing fee.
- Your application will be reviewed for next steps to begin the plan review process. (Please view the plan review process for the criteria for the two types of plan review)