Specific scopes of work that require a permit solely because the properties are located within a historic district. This permit has a reduced of only $36.30. Confirm whether your scope of work fall under the categories for a Historic Property – Special Permit. Scope of work for this permit include the following:
- Brick Pointing
- Repair or replacement of fences, except as deemed an ordinary repair
- Painting of unpainted exterior masonry at a landmark property
- Replacement in kind, of: Roofing and coping, Siding - Gutters and downspouts and fascia, Private sidewalks and driveways, Patios
- Garden storage shed
- Prefabricated pools
- Retaining walls
Please confirm with the DC Office of Planning prior to submitting to DCRA for their specific requires for your scope of work.
- Begin your permit application under the permit type of Historic Property – Special Permit.
- Complete all required questions/fields (i.e.)
- Once you have completed your application, please visit the Permit Center with all submittal documents to complete the review and approval of your application. (Please view the plan review criteria for Walk-through application requirements.).