A temporary structure that servers as platform to do work on existing and/or new building. If the scaffold will occupy public space such as a side walk or public alley, a permit from District Department of Transportation (DDOT) is required.
- A copy of the building permit or DDOT public space permit if applicable.
- For scaffolding greater than 3 stories, plans will be needed to show structural support for scaffold.
- Begin your permit application under the permit type of Scaffolding Permit.
- Complete all required questions/fields (i.e. number of stories, and associated building permit)
- Upload a formal quote, contract agreement or MS report and submit to pay the filing fee.
- Once you have completed your application, please visit the Permit Center with all submittal documents to complete the review and approval of your application. (Please view the plan review criteria for Walk-through application requirements).