Construction or renovation of a shed, to include garden and storage sheds.
- For construction of a new shed architectural plans and a surveyor’s plat are required. (For prefabricated sheds, dimensions from the manufacture can be provided)
- For repairs and minor replacements, pictures can be provided to detail the location of repairs or replacements.
- District Department of Transportation (DDOT) may be required to review based on the location of your shed (i.e. bordering a public alley)
- If you are submitting and application for a one- or two-family residential project, please use the DCRA Permit Wizard. For all other projects, please click Apply for a Permit button below.
- Begin your permit application under the permit type of Shed Permit.
- Complete all required questions/fields (i.e. type of shed, whether it is detached and dimensions)