Special signs are authorized by the District of Columbia Council for specific locations. (32 total locations authorized). A permit is needed for copy changes and changing locations.
1. For copy changes, pictures of the new image can be provided for review and approval.
2. Location changes require architectural plans showing dimensions of the sign, how it will be supported and mounted.
a. A map with the current location of the sign and the new location will be required to ensure the change is within an authorized location.
1. Begin your permit application under the permit type for a Swimming Pool Permit.
2. Complete all required questions/fields (i.e. existing and proposed uses, type of pool, whether a fence will be provided, and number of gallons)
3. Your application will be reviewed and you will receive notification for next steps to begin the plan review. (Please view the plan review page for the criteria and requirements for the different types of plan review)