A swimming pool permit is needed for the construction of and modification to a swimming pool. Separate permits may needed for the installation of water systems.
- Architectural plans, a site plan and a surveyor’s plat are required for plan review.
- The surveyor’s plat should indicate the location of the pool and must be stamped by the architect.
- A water riser diagram should also be submitted to show the water connection and service details. (DC Water will be required to review)
- If you swimming pool is less than 400 square feet, it can be reviewed over the counter in the Permit Center.
- Begin your permit application under the permit type for a Swimming Pool Permit.
- Complete all required questions/fields (i.e. existing and proposed uses, type of pool, whether a fence will be provided, and number of gallons)
- Your application will be reviewed and you will receive notification for next steps to begin the plan review. (Please view the plan review page for the criteria and requirements for the different types of plan review)