Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs

DC Agency Top Menu

-A +A
Bookmark and Share

Retail Food Licenses

Retail Food Licenses required special reviews by both the Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs (DCRA) and the Department of Health (DOH). Retail Food Licenses include restaurants, caterers, delicatessens, bakeries, street vendors and more.

Businesses that sell food and beverages and are required to have a Public Health: Food Establishment Retail endorsement are subject to the Anacostia River Clean Up and Protection Act ('Bag Law'). Your business is required to charge five cents for each disposable paper or plastic carryout bag – whether or not food or alcohol products are purchased in the store.

Contact TTY: