Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs

DC Agency Top Menu

-A +A
Bookmark and Share

Residential Housing Rental License Information

Residential Housing licenses are required for all rental properties in the District of Columbia including Homes, Apartments, Condominiums, Basement Apartments and Apartment Buildings. Please click below for a list of all residential housing permits and how to apply.


Apply Online!

***Do not risk getting fined!  Familiarize yourself with the District’s Lead Law and Regulations. Provide a lead-safe environment and disclose to your tenant what you know about the presence of lead-based paint and/or lead-based paint hazards in the residence. ***
Contact TTY: