- Home Improvement Contractor
- $288.20 Fee
- Certificate of Liability Insurance
- Certificate of Occupancy/Home Occupation Permit
- Corporate Registration (If Applicable)
- Home Improvement Contract (Triplicate)
- Home Improvement Salesperson Designation Letter
- Police Criminal History Report
- Surety Bond ($25,000)
- Tax Registration
* Please note that all Home Improvement Contractors are required to designate and maintain a Basic Business License for at least one (1) Home Improvement Salesperson.
IMPORTANT: The Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs cooperates with other District of Columbia Government agencies to ensure applicants/licensees comply with all applicable D.C. Official Codes and Municipal Regulations. The agency reserves the right to request additional documentation and/or proof of inspection(s).