In observance of the Independence Day holiday, DCRA will be closed and no construction will be allowed on Monday, July 4, 2022 without an after-hours permit. You may report illegal construction by submitting an Illegal Construction Inspection Request Form during normal business hours or calling 311.

Menu Button

Publicly Available Documents

Please note that FOIA does not require the agency to provide documents already made publicly available through other means. Before submitting a request, please review the list below for a list of documents that do not require a FOIA request to obtain.

  • Permit Documents: Copies of issued permits, permit applications, and all documents submitted in support of permit applications (including plans) may be obtained at the DCRA Permit Center Records Room, located on the second floor of the DCRA office location, at 1100 4th Street, SW. The Records Room may be reached at (202) 442-4480. More information on the process for obtaining plans and on open government requirements related to plans availability is provided here.  
  • Certificates of Occupancy: Copies of issued Certificates of Occupancy may also be obtained at the DCRA Permit Center Records Room.
  • For Tenants: Notices of Violation and Notices of Infraction issued to your rental unit, during your tenancy, may be obtained through the DCRA Inspections and Compliance Administration. Please call (202) 442-4598 or email [email protected] for assistance.
  • Corporate Documents, Licensure Information: Licensure documents for an entity, including certifications, may be obtained at the DCRA Business License Center, located on the second floor of 1100 4th Street, SW, during regular business hours. Corporate documents for an entity, including corporate filings, may also be obtained upon request at the Business License Center. Additionally, registered entities and their current status may be researched through our website.
  • Code Information: The DC Official Code is available online.
  • DC Municipal Regulations and the DC Register can be accessed by visiting the District Government online.
  • General Property Information: You may also access property information, including property ownership, permitting, inspections, occupancy and violations information, via the Property Information Verification System (PIVS).

For more information on how to file an FOIA request, visit the Government Resource Center.