The Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs (DCRA) will begin accepting renewal applications for occupational and professional licenses beginning July 1, 2021.
For a complete list of license types that may be renewed at that time, click here.
Additional information and renewal notices for other license types will be issued as those licenses approach expiration.
To prepare for renewal, we want to share the following information with you:
- ON JULY 1, the online platform will be made available for renewal applications. This will be located on dcra.dc.gov. DCRA will send a reminder email with the exact link ahead of July 1. You DO NOT need to any action at this time.
- When you do renew, you will notice that DCRA recently moved to a simpler, easier-to-use online application process. You will be able to submit your information, upload any documentation that may be required, pay fees, and submit the application. In response, your license will be sent electronically to the email address used when submitting the application (Security license ID cards will be mailed).
- You will have until September 1 to complete renewal, however, you are encouraged to do so early to ensure that renewal is completed before enforcement begins.
- All occupational and professional licenses are issued biennially, with the exception of Special Police Officers, whose licenses are issued annually. Licenses that expire October 1, 2021 or later may be renewed as per their usual renewal cycles. Note: if your license reflects an expiration date of 2022, no action is required.
- For more information on license requirements, renewal cycles etc. visit dcra.dc.gov/professional-licensing. Should you have questions, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your attention to this matter and for doing business in the District of Columbia.