The Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs (DCRA) is streamlining the construction permitting process starting with updates to the online building permit application. This is our second in a series of enhancements geared towards improving the customer application submittal experience. Review our frequently asked questions here.
In June 2019, the following enhancements to the permit application system were put in place:
- Editing capability for contractor, subcontractor and registered design professional information before and after application submission
- Automatically populated information that includes building age
- Elimination of redundant information in the “Green Building” section
- Statistical data gathering for Opportunity Zone financing and Affordable Housing Projects
Effective September 28, 2019, the following enhancements to the permit application system will be in place:
- Customers can select licensed professionals, subcontractors and registered design professionals from a pre-populated list of active licenses and registrations
- Customers can submit raze applications online instead of filing a paper application
With the addition of raze building permit application online, all building construction permit applications are now online.
- Eliminating the need to submit a new permit application when submitting revisions and/or extensions
Stay tuned to learn of additional application enhancements to come. Click here for more information and frequently asked questions.
As a reminder, beginning June 29, 2019, the following are required for all building permit applications:
At application submission:
- Documentation supporting the estimated construction value
Before permit issuance:
- Contractor, subcontractor and registered design professional information