Stop Work Resolution Process
- DO NOT REMOVE the orange stop work order placard.
- Complete and submit the Stop Work Order Compliance Review Request Form to email@example.com [make into live link] or drop it off at 1100 4th Street SW 5th floor reception area within 15 days of receipt of the stop work order.
- To avoid delays please designate only one point of contact to complete this process. However, you may add additional email addresses to be copied (cc’d) on the correspondence.
- Within five (5) business days of your submission, the administrative reviewer will send you a message to the point of contact’s email address you submitted on the form containing a detailed checklist of items required to resolve the stop work order. If you do not see it in your box after 5 days have lapsed, check your spam folder.
- Review the checklist and respond to the message with the day you plan to come in and submit drawings, obtain permits or schedule inspections if needed, so that the administrative reviewer may temporarily lift the system hold for you to do so.
- After you have completed every item on the checklist, contact Illegal Construction Inspections at completing the CRM Form or (202) 442-STOP (7867) to request a follow up inspection to verify compliance. Be sure to include your address and contact information. The inspector will notify the administrative reviewer if the case is in compliance. Do not remove the stop work order until authorized by the administrative reviewer.
- Please note that you will receive a Notice of Infraction by mail imposing fines. You must follow the instructions in the packet to respond directly to the Office of Administrative Hearings regarding the fines.