DC Construction code requires every assembly occupancy (to include but not limited to buildings or structures used for civic, social or religious functions) to display the maximum occupancy load of a room or space.
- Architectural egress plan that shows room dimension, seating arrangements diagram , egress plan showing the location and width of aisles, other fire and life safety feautres, occupant load capacity applied for , the most recent tenant layout renovation, existing toilet facilities serving the space.
- Placard Drawings
- Provide the current Certificate of Occupancy and issued building permits for any construction activity.
- This type of permit is reviewed through our electronic plan review application system ProjectDox.
- Begin your permit application under the permit type of Capacity Placard.
- Complete all required questions/fields (i.e. )
- Upload a formal quote, contract agreement or MS report and submit to pay the filing fee.
- Your application will be reviewed in which you will receive notification of when to upload your plans and supporting documents to begin the plan review in ProjectDox.