What to File
Filing for a Capacity Placard Permit requires submission of the following documents:
- Application - On the application be sure to identify the room(s) (room number or room name) for which capacity placard approval is being sought.
- Architecutural Egress Plans - Provide four (4) sets plans drawn to a scale of at least 1/8 inch to a foot and shall contain the following information:
- Room(s) dimensions;
- Seating arrangement(s) diagram(s);
- Egress plan showing the location and width of aisles, corridors and exits.
- Location of existing fire protective signaling systems;
- Location of existing emergency lighting and exit signs;
- Occupant load capacity applied for (room by room)
- Date of construction or of substantial renovation of the premises, or of the most recent tenant layout renovation, if known.
- Existing toilet facilities serving the space.
- Placard Drawings - Submit four (4) sets of placards fully dimensioned and drawn to scale of at least half (scale of 1:2). Full size (scale 1:1) drawings are preferable. Placards should be designed as close as possible to the standard format shown below:
- Minimum placard dimensions: 8” high by 10” wide.
- 1ST line: Words "Maximum Seating Capacity" in characters at least 3/8 of an inch high.
- 2nd.line: the numeral for the approved capacity in Arabic numbers at least 2” high and stroke width between 1/8 and 1/4 of their height.
- 3rd line: Words "Maximum Allowable Capacity" in characters at least 3/8 of an inch high.
- 4th line: the numeral of the approved capacity in Arabic numbers at least 2” high and stroke width between 1/8 and ¼ of their height.
- 5th line: Indicate the type of business in characters at least 3/16 of an inch high.
- 6th line: indicates the type of floor arrangement, in characters at least 3/16 of an inch high; use the words "Chairs Only" for rows of movable chairs (concentrated); the words "Tables and Chairs" for table seating (unconcentrated); the words "Fixed Seats" for fixed seating.
- Next block of lines: word "Location:" followed by identification (number or name) of the room and the floor, in characters at least 3/16 of an inch high.
- Last block of lines: the identification of the building, including its street address, in characters at least 3/16 of an inch high.