Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs

DC Agency Top Menu

-A +A
Bookmark and Share

Permits - Water and Sewer Excavation Permit (DDOT)

Water and Sewer Permit Photo

Online Appointment Scheduling Available

You must complete an Application for Water or Sewer Permits from the District Department of Transportation (DDOT) in order to:

  • Install water or sewer pipes
  • Make connections to existing water and sewer mains in the street
  • Excavate for water meters and meter vaults in public space

Go to DDOT Homepage and look for the application for Water or Sewer Permits.


Contact TTY: