To assist the public, three of the District of Columbia Construction Codes may also be viewed in an integrated version, published by the ICC, which consolidates the respective ICC codes, ANSI/ASHRAE/IES 90.1-2013 and the District of Columbia amendments. The three integrated codes are available through the links below:
- 2017 District of Columbia Building Code
- 2017 District of Columbia Energy Conservation Code
- 2017 District of Columbia Green Construction Code
2017 DC Construction Codes
The 2017 DC Construction Codes consist of the 2015 International Code Council (ICC) family of model codes, the 2014 National Electrical Code, and 2013 ASHRAE 90.1, as amended by the District of Columbia Municipal Regulations (DCMR) Title 12, Sections A through M. The 2017 DC Construction Code takes effect on May 29, 2020. Applicability and provisions for the prior editions of the code, (for Permits issued, Applications Filed, Tenant Layouts and Permit Revisions) will be governed by the Transitory Provision stipulated in section 123. For your convenience, below you will find a link to the DC amendments followed by a links to the associated ICC model codes or other adopted model code.
2013 District of Columbia Construction Codes
The 2013 District of Columbia Construction Codes (the “2013 Codes”) apply to permit applications filed after March 28, 2014, except to the extent that certain projects are entitled to use prior editions of the Construction Codes (pursuant to Section 123, 12-A DCMR). The 2013 Codes consist of 10 of the 2012 Model Codes published by the International Code Council and the 2011 National Electrical Code, as these codes have been amended by the District of Columbia Construction Codes Supplement of 2013 (Title 12 of the District of Columbia Municipal Regulations (DCMR).
- Title 12 DCMR, Subtitles A to L, DC Construction Codes Supplement (2013)
- DCMR 12 DC Construction Codes Supplement (2008)
- Amendment to DCMR 12 DC Construction Code Supplement 2008
Complimentary access to electronic copies of 7 of the 2013 District of Columbia Construction Codes, which integrate the 2012 ICC Codes and the corresponding subtitle of the 2013 DC Construction Codes Supplement, is provided below. PLEASE NOTE: The integrated codes are provided as a public reference tool, but they do not show amendments to the 2013 Construction Codes Supplement or revisions to the 2012 ICC Codes that were adopted after March 28, 2014. Title 12 DCMR and the ICC website should be used to confirm the official text of the 2013 District of Columbia Construction Codes.
- 2013 District of Columbia Building Code
- 2013 District of Columbia Property Maintenance Code
- 2013 District of Columbia Green Construction Code
- 2013 District of Columbia Energy Conservation Code
- 2013 District of Columbia Fire Code
- 2013 District of Columbia Mechanical Code
- 2013 District of Columbia Plumbing
2012 ICC Codes and 2011 National Electrical Code
To review the 2012 ICC Codes and the 2011 NFPA 70 (National Electrical Code) that were adopted by DC on March 28, 2014 (without local DC amendments), refer to the ICC public websites and NFPA website. Links to the 2012 ICC Codes and the 2011 NEC are also provided below. Local DC amendments are set forth in the 2013 Construction Codes Supplement.
- 2012 ICC Existing Building Code
- 2012 ICC Fuel Gas Code
- 2012 ICC Residential Code for One- and Two-Family Dwellings
- 2012 ICC Swimming Pool and Spa Code
- 2011 National Electrical Code
- 2012 ICC Building Code
- 2012 ICC Mechanical Code
- 2012 ICC Plumbing Code2012 ICC Property Maintenance Code
- 2012 ICC Fire Code
- 2012 ICC Energy Conservation Code
- 2012 ICC Green Construction Code