The Office of the Zoning Administrator (OZA) enforces the provisions of the DC Zoning Ordinances (“zoning regulations”). If you have questions, please contact OZA at (202) 442-4576.
What happens after I file my complaint?
- The complaint is reviewed.
- Permit records search and review is conducted.
- Inspections and/or investigations are conducted as necessary.
- Zoning compliance determination is made.
- Enforcement actions are taken as necessary (i.e., stop work orders, infractions issuance, etc.)
- Corrective actions may be required (permits to remove or keep the construction, approvals from sister agencies, etc.)
When can I expect follow up and a resolution?
DCRA has a service level agreement (SLA) of three business days in which to respond to complaints received.
Timeframes for resolution are on a case-by-case basis as determined by the complexity of the zoning compliance case.
How can I assist the investigation?
Pictures, videos, or other supporting material may provide more detail about the alleged zoning violation. DCRA inspections and/or investigations may be conducted outside of receiving any public material.