An architectural projection that provides weather protection for the purposes of decoration and it supported by the building for which it is attached.
- Architectural plans are required for erecting, repairing, replacing, and modifying an awning. Plans should include dimensions of the awning and show the structural support.
- If the awning projects within the public right of way, such as a public side walk, District Department of Transportation (DDOT) may be required to review.
- Begin your permit application under the permit type of Awning.
- Complete all required questions/fields (i.e. )
- Upload a formal quote, contract agreement or MS report and submit to pay the filing fee.
- Your application will be reviewed as a Digital Walk-through.