A structure that retains earth [soil]. Common retaining wall material includes concrete, rocks or timber.
- For small repairs and replacements in kind, pictures can be provided for review and approval.
- To construct a new retaining wall, a surveyor’s plat is required. Please be sure to indicate the location of the retaining wall on your plat.
- If you are submitting and application for a one- or two-family residential project, please use the DCRA Permit Wizard. For all other projects, please click Apply for a Permit button below.
- Begin your permit application under the permit type of Retaining Wall Permit.
- Complete all required questions/fields (i.e. height, length and material of the retaining wall)
- Upload a formal quote, contract agreement or MS report and submit to pay the filing fee.
- Once you have completed your application, please visit the Permit Center with all submittal documents to complete the review and approval of your application. (Please view the plan review criteria for Walk-through application requirements).