To erect a tower crane. Other permits may be needed such as a DDOT permit for locations that involve public space.
- State Permit number of approved permit
- Sealed and signed surveyors plat showing location of the tower crane
- Structural drawings in a minimum paper size of 11x17 drawn to a minimum scale of 1/8” to a foot.
- Site plan completely dimensioned and drawing to scale
- Geotechnical Investigation Report sealed and signed by a PE registered to practice in DC
- Structural Calculation for the tower crane foundation and for any other attachment sealed and signed by a PE registered to practice in DC
- Formal cost estimate of the crane foundation including materials and labor
- Statement of special inspection for the tower crane foundation.
- To erect a tower crane in the public right of away, a District Department of Transportation (DDOT).
- Begin your permit application under the permit type for a Tower Crane Permit.
- Complete all required questions/fields (i.e. existing and proposed uses, crane location and duration of time for the crane to be in place).