To erect a tower crane. Other permits may be needed such as a DDOT permit for locations that involve public space.
- State Permit number of approved permit
- Sealed and signed surveyors plat showing location of the tower crane
- Structural drawings in a minimum paper size of 11x17 drawn to a minimum scale of 1/8” to a foot.
- Site plan completely dimensioned and drawing to scale
- Geotechnical Investigation Report sealed and signed by a PE registered to practice in DC
- Structural Calculation for the tower crane foundation and for any other attachment sealed and signed by a PE registered to practice in DC
- Formal cost estimate of the crane foundation including materials and labor
- Statement of special inspection for the tower crane foundation.
- To erect a tower crane in the public right of away, a District Department of Transportation (DDOT).
- Begin your permit application under the permit type for a Tower Crane Permit.
- Complete all required questions/fields (i.e. existing and proposed uses, crane location and duration of time for the crane to be in place)
- Once you have completed your application, please visit the Permit Center with all submittal documents to complete the review and approval of your application. (Please view the plan review process for Walk-through application requirements.)