The District of Columbia Real Estate Commission regulates the licenses of professional real estate agents and protects consumers by upholding the District of Columbia real estate license law.
The Commission consists of nine members appointed by the Mayor. All members must be residents of the District of Columbia throughout their tenure on the Commission. Three members must each hold a Broker’s license; two members must hold a Salesperson’s license; two members must hold a Property Manager’s license; one member must be a licensed attorney; and one member must be a consumer member who does not hold a real estate license. Five members of the Commission constitute a quorum.
The Commission meets on the second Tuesday each month at 10:30 a.m. at the Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs located at 1100 4th Street, SW, Washington, D.C. 20024. August is a recess month.
Board meeting minutes are available at www.open-dc.gov.
Online Rental Scams
Click here to read about the Commission’s alert about online rental scams: Consumer Alert–Online Rental Scams
Need more help? Use this list of agencies.
To apply for a license or access the online portal, please click here.
Please contact a customer service representative at 1-866-270-9817 if you have any questions or you do not know the email address linked with your license.
Click here for a list of fees.
Click each option below for its respective licensure guidelines:
- January 14
- February 11
- March 10
- April 14
- May 12
- June 9
- July 14
- August (Recess)
- September 8
Schedule an Examination
Exams may be scheduled online by clicking here or by phone:
- Dial (800) 733-9267
- Select Option 1 for government and state exams
- Select Option 2 for District of Columbia exams
For more information regarding the examination process, please review the Real Estate License Examination Candidate Information Bulletin. Property Managers, click here for a Study Guide: Property Management Study Guide (2016) rev.
Board Members & Board Staff
- Frank Pietranton – Chair, Broker
- Ulani Gulstone – Legal Committee Chair, Attorney Member
- David Forster – Salesperson
- Christine M. Warnke – Consumer Member
- Edward Downs – Broker
- Monique Owens – Property Manager
- Elizabeth Blakeslee – Broker
- Ericka S. Black – Salesperson
- Joe Borger – Property Manager
To apply for a vacancy, please visit the Mayor’s Office of Talent and Appointments for more information and an application.
- Leon Lewis – Executive Director
- Kevin Cyrus – Education Coordinator
- Jocelyn Reyes – Program Support Specialist
- Stacey Williams – Program Support Specialist
Documents & Forms
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Real Estate Legislation and Regulations
- Course/Instructor Application (CE & Pre-License)
- Agency Disclosure and Real Estate Transactions in the District of Columbia
- Letter of Certification Request
- Complaint Form
- Refund Request Application
- 2019 Oversight Testimony
- 2016 Annual Report
- 2017 Annual Report
- 2018 Annual Report