There is no fee to submit a FOIA request. However, you may be charged fees for searching, reviewing, and reproducing records. The Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs may charge the following fees:
- Searching for records: $16.00 to $40.00 per hour based on the pay grade of the personnel who performs the search and with the first hour free
- Charges for initial review of documents: $16.00 to $40.00 per hour based on the pay grade of the personnel who performs the review and with the first hour free
- Photocopies: $0.25 per page
- Document certification: $1.00 per document to certify a document as true copy of an agency record
- The direct cost of any service or material for which no fee has been established
Please be aware that you may have to pay search and/or review fees even if the search does not locate any responsive records or if records are located but are withheld as exempt. See DC Official Code § 2-532 and 1 DCMR § 408.
Waiver of Fees
Information coming soon.