Construction will not be permitted on the following holidays. On these days, all construction work, for which a permit is required, is illegal and could result in a Stop Work Order and may be subject to fines. For more information, visit dcra.dc.gov/service/report-illegal-construction. Please report illegal construction to the District’s 311 system. You can report your service request by either calling 311, visiting the 311.dc.gov, using the mobile app (DC311), using the online live chat feature during standard business hours, texting DC311, or tweeting to @311dcgov.
Additionally, in observance of these holidays DCRA will be closed. Customers are encouraged to plan ahead for services requiring an in-person visit, as customer volume is high before and after a holiday closing. DCRA has 22 online services, enabling customers to Skip the Trip to our offices and conduct your DCRA business 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, to include the DC Business Portal, the Property Information Verification System, and ProjectDox. You may also reserve a time to visit DCRA by visiting our new Online Appointment Scheduling System.
Construction is prohibited on these dates:
- Monday, January 1, 2018 - New Year's Day
- Monday, January 15, 2018 - Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Monday, February 19, 2018 - Washington's Birthday/Presidents Day
- Monday, April 16, 2018 - DC Emancipation Day
- Monday, May 28, 2018 - Memorial Day
- Wednesday, July 4, 2018 - Independence Day
- Monday, September 3, 2018: Labor Day
- Monday, October 8, 2018: Columbus Day
- Monday, November 12, 2018: Veterans Day
- Thursday, November 22, 2018: Thanksgiving Day*
- Tuesday, December 25, 2018: Christmas Day
*The legal public holiday is Sunday, but will be observed on the following Monday.
In Case of an Emergency
If a critical issue comes up during non-business hours, such as building issues posing a risk to the public, please contact Homeland Security at (202) 727-6161 to reach a DCRA Duty Officer. These building issues include:
- Fire – Structural or habitability assessment
- Structural collapse risk to public/other structures (i.e. vehicles impacting buildings)
- Weather damage
- Building habitability
- Inspection for re-connection of utilities