Working beyond the authorized construction hours of Monday through Saturday, 7:00am – 7:00pm. This includes work within public space authorized by the District Department of Transportation. (After hour permits can only be issued for periods of 30 days)
- Working after hours requires a permit for the construction (i.e. DCRA building permit or a DDOT occupancies permit)
- If the work area is within 500 feet of a residential area or zone, the work dates and times will require support from the neighboring Advisory Neighborhood Commissioner or Single Member District representative. The support can be in email or a letter that includes the requested period of work.
- If the work area is within 500 feet of sleeping quarters such as a hotel, hotel support is needed from the hotel management/representative to include the requester work dates and times. The support can be in the form of an email or a letter that includes the requested period of work.
- Begin your permit application under the permit type of After Hours
- Complete all required questions/fields (i.e. dates of operations, whether you are located near a hotel or within a residential zone)
- Upload all supporting documents before completing your submission (permits and applicable support documents)
- Applications are reviewed by the following business day.