Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) is a special partnership type made up of general partners only. Each general partner has limited legal liability. Each general partner has equal control. LLPS are easy to set up and maintain.
“Limited liability partnership” or “domestic limited liability partnership” means a partnership that has filed a statement of qualification under § 29-610.01 and does not have a similar statement in effect in any other jurisdiction.
To register domestic limited liability partnership in the District, customer shall deliver statement of qualification form DLLP-1 to the Superintendent for filing either by web or by mail / walk-in.
Note: Walk-in Customers will be charged expedited fee for one day service in the amount of $100 in addition to regular filing fees.
Go to CorpOnline, create a profile, access the online services main page (use Internet Explorer 8, Chrome, Firefox or Safari) and proceed. Online filers must pay by credit card. Once filing is submitted, print the last confirmation page for your records.
Every domestic and foreign corporation, Limited Liability Company, Limited Liability Partnership, Limited Partnership (effective 01/12), General and Limited Cooperative Association, Business Trust (effective 01/12) is required to file two-year reports with Corporations Division to maintain good standing within the District of Columbia.
- First reports are due April 1st of the very next year from the year of registration.
- Foreign entities might be liable for back reports if commenced business prior to registration.
- Subsequent reports are due April 1st every two years thereafter.
Looking for documents for the following services for your business:
- Create Your Business in DC
- Changes to Your Business in DC
- Reinstate Your Business in DC
- Ongoing Obligations in DC
- Close Your Business in DC