DCRA now lets you apply for, pay for and get your supplemental building permits online. These permits are required to install supplemental systems in buildings, per § 105.1.13 of the DC Municipal Regulations (DCMR). Only licensed DC contractors for each specific trade may apply for these permits. You may be required to complete a building permit for the supplemental permit.
- Supplemental Permit Guidelines
- Get a Supplemental Online Permit Now
- Submission Requirements for Trade Permits
- You cannot save a partly-completed application.
- You must complete each box marked with an asterisk (*) before you can pay for and receive your permit.
- You may pay with Visa, MasterCard, or Discover.
- If the fee for your supplemental permit is more than your available credit, you cannot get the permit online.
- You will get a supplemental permit application that you can print and bring in with payment.
- Supplemental permits cannot be issued online if the work address is in a historic or fine arts district. The supplemental permit is issued as an Adobe PDF file. You can save it on your computer and print it.
OSPI Permit Types
- Electrical Supplemental Permit (includes Fire Alarm)
- Plumbing Supplemental Permit
- Gas Supplemental Permit
- Air Conditioning or Refrigeration Supplemental Permit
- Fuel Burning Equipment Supplemental Permit
- Miniature Boiler Supplemental Permit
- Unfired Pressure Vessel Supplemental Permit