Starting July 1, DCRA will begin accepting renewal applications for occupational and professional licenses.
- On July 1, 2021, you may start submitting your renewal application online if your license reflects an expiration date during the COVID-19 pandemic. For licenses that expire October 31, 2021 or later, renewal notices will be sent at a later date.
- You are strongly encouraged to renew early to ensure that renewal is completed before enforcement begins.
- All occupational and professional licenses are issued biennially, with the exception of Special Police Officers, whose licenses are issued annually. Licenses that expire October 31, 2021 or later may be renewed as per their usual renewal cycles. Note: if your license reflects an expiration date of 2022, no renewal action is required until 2022 when you may renew beginning 90 days before your current license expires.
The District of Columbia manages the licensure of Tour Guides within the District, and protects guides and consumers by upholding the District of Columbia Tour Guides license law.
Apply for license
Items Needed for Application
- One 2”x2” passport-style photo (.jpeg format)
- Un-expired government-issued ID (e.g., driver’s license)
- Debit or credit card to pay application, exam, or license fees
- License Type: By Experience
- Tour Guide License (New) - Fee: $150.00
- Tour Guide License (Renewal) - Fee: $150.00
- Tour Guide License (Reinstatement) - Fee: $220.00
- Application Method
- New: An applicant applies for a Tour Guide License for the first-time.
- Reinstatement: An applicant applies to reinstate her/his Tour Guide within five (5) years after it expires.
Expirtion Date: December 31; Renewal Year: Odd
Letter of Certification/License Verification
Request a Letter of License Certification
Sheldon "Skip" Brown – Administrator
Stephanie Johnson– Program Support Specialist
Address: 1100 4th Street, SW, Suite 500, Washington, DC 20024
Direct Email: [email protected]